Thursday 12 January 2012

Review: MAC Gently Off Eye and Lip Makeup Remover


I bought the MAC Gently Off Makeup Remover more than a year ago, because I guess I just assumed that this would be great value for money, like many MAC products tend to be. But no. This has honestly been sitting on my shelf and I've only wanted to use it every now and then. Because I do NOT think this is a good product. Even when I'm just wearing some gel eyeliner and mascara, I feel that I have to use a lot of it. I also have to rub my eyes quite a bit, although I really don't want to do that. But if I don't do that, the mascara is just not going to come off.

The worst thing about this product is that it's so overpriced compared to what you get. I've bought makeup removers from the drugstore that worked better than this one, and they were half the price. So no dice! But I am, however, going to use the rest of it before I throw it out, since I don't want to be wasteful. Although I'm not looking forward to it...

Pros:
+ Packaging is elegant and suitable for travel
+ Can be used on both eyes and lips

Cons:
- Overpriced
- Doesn't remove makeup well at all

Summary:
This makeup remover is not gentle. In fact, it is barely able to remove makeup at all. The price is also too steep compared to what you are getting. The packaging is good, though.



No comments:

Post a Comment