Friday 27 January 2012

The Makeup Geek Eyeshadows: Review and swatches

Groundbreaking news:
THE MAKEUP GEEK EYE SHADOWS ARE TRULY JUST AS GOOD AS MAC
  – AND AT HALF THE PRICE!





OMG, you guys..  I’ve been trying out the Makeup Geek Eye shadows I bought for a couple of weeks now, and I’m completely blown away. Because everything I heard about them is true. I was so skeptical because I never really thought that cheap eye shadows were more than decent when it comes to quality. But this proves me wrong, because the Makeup Geek eye shadows are only 6 US Dollars a pop, and I actually think they’re just as good as those I have from MAC…

Let me start with this: They are very pigmented. Although this does vary a bit, depending on colour and finish, I found that every single one I tried was just as pigmented as eye shadows I have from MAC, Urban Decay and other similar high-end brands. But I won’t even try to describe just how pigmented they are – that is something you are going to have to see for yourself. So check out the swatches below at the end of this post.

But most importantly for me, they were sooo blendable! Since I tend to like eye shadows with a matte finish, I sometimes find blending to be somewhat of a hassle. Especially when I’m pressed for time in the morning. But these shadows blend so nicely after just a few movements with the brush. So with these eye shadows, I feel that I might actually be able to save some time in the morning. Hallelujah, right?

Right about now, I guess you’re wondering about fallout. Because I have, in the past, found that eye shadows that are easy to blend tend to have a lot of fallout, or fade quicker throughout the day. Although the most shimmery ones had a tiny bit of fallout, it was hardly noticeable most of the time. And certainly no more than one has to expect from eye shadows with a lot of shimmer. I also didn’t find that these shadows faded more than high-end eye shadows normally do. Moreover, these shadows also come in pans, which I really like, because it means that each one costs less, and that I can store them as I want to. I keep mine in two Z Palettes :)

I did test these shadows thoroughly because I wanted to give more detailed recommendations about which colours to buy and which to stay clear of, but in truth, I found them all to be very good. I didn’t find any duds, so which ones you should buy then only becomes a question of personal preference. And I don’t care if the shimmery ones have a tiny bit of fallout, because aside from that, these eyeshadows are damn near perfect!

So let me get down to the gist...

Pros:
+ The price: For 6 USD a pop these eyeshadow pans are a bargain
+ Highly pigmented
+ Very blendable
+ Fallout is not an issue with 97% of the eye shadows I tried
+ Fading is not an issue
(+ The site that sells these shadows has very affordable international shipping, too. I was amazed!)

Cons:
-          A tiny amount of fallout with the most shimmery ones

Sum: 
These eye shadows are highly pigmented and soo blendable and affordable that I’m flabbergasted. And when fading and fallout is not an issue, either, there isn’t anything else I could want from an eyeshadow. I will definitely buy more of these!








I hope you liked this review!


No comments:

Post a Comment