Tuesday 31 January 2012

Makeup Tips For Beginners II

Which brushes to get first and why

First of all, let me just say that I think Sigma Brushes are phenomenal value for money. They are similar to MAC brushes, which are also very good, but at a fraction of the price. That makes them perfect for beginners and professional makeup artists alike. I own a whole bunch of these brushes, and if I were new to makeup and were to do things all over again, these are the brushes I’d start with and the reasons why:

FACE:


Pictures of Sigma brushes are from their site.
  • The Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki - F80
     This brush applies foundation quickly and effortlessly, and gives you an air brushed finish. You can use it with powder or liquid foundation, and it to apply and blend these products into your skin.

    • The Sigma Large Powder - F30
      I use this brush to blend powder products, such as blush and bronzer, into my skin, so that my face won’t appear streaky in any way. This is actually quite important if you want to get a more natural look.


    EYE SHADOW:




    • Sigma Eye Shading - E55
      This brush can be used to either apply a light wash of colour, or pack it on for a more intense look. With its rounded top, it is very easy to work with.


      • The Sigma Blending - E25
        Blending away harsh edges is a must with all eye shadows. This brush will make these disappear in second. This brush in also very versatile in the sense that you can also use it to apply a light wash of colour to you lids, if you don’t feel like packing it on.


      EYE LINER:


      • The Sigma Small Angle - E65
        Because this brush makes it so easy to apply eyeliner that even a beginner will think it is fun. I love this brush when I’m pressed for time in the morning (because I refuse to go out without eyeliner on).


      BLUSH:




      • The Sigma Large Angled Contour - F40
        This brush is perfect for me because I can be a bit heavy-handed on the blush sometimes. But this brush applies just the perfect amount, even when I’m applying blusher while I’m still half asleep.

      So there you go, guys. I hope this might help someone. And just so you know, these are 100% my own opinions, because this post has not been sponsored. I just happen to love Sigma’s brushes. And the fact that they’re so affordable makes them perfect for beginners. Looking back at the time I first started wearing makeup, I can’t understand how I was able to get anything done without. And so, with this post, I’m hoping to get my message out there: Yes, everything is easier with brushes! And no, they don’t have to cost a fortune.

      Good luck!




      No comments:

      Post a Comment