Wednesday 18 January 2012

Review: The L’Oréal Volume Million Lashes Mascara

Hey beauties!

And so I'm back with another review. I was cleaning one of my makeup drawers the other day when I was about to toss out a mascara. While I was doing that, I found myself thinking about how much I really disliked this product. And that's when it occurred to me that I should do a review on this mascara! Because I think that it's so much easier to rave about a product that you like, than to point out potential flaws in products that you didn't like. So here are my two pennies on the L’Oréal Volume Million Lashes Mascara.

The picture is from this page.

So this is a mascara that is supposed to both define and volumize your lashes. And I do find that the shape of the wand is suited for this purpose, because it is both able to grab the individual lashes AND coat them at the same time. But sadly, this does not mean that I found this mascara easy to apply. Because I found that the first coat simply didn't go it for my lashes, I always felt like applying a second coat. But after using this mascara for two weeks, I realized that I just had to stop after the first applying the first coat, because this mascara is impossible to layer. I tried all sorts of different things when I applied the second coat, but every time my lashes came out looking like a spidery and pathetic mess. But on the other hand, I think that this mascara might be better for girls with naturally long lashes, who might be content with the result they get from just one coat.

While the things I have mentioned above are certainly not unheard of in the world of mascaras, I do find the following completely unacceptable in a mascara: This thing transfers and flakes like crazy! And it doesn't take more than a humid climate, a drizzle or slight perspiration to make this thing transfer to your lids and under your eyes. If you add the fact that this mascara is flakey, you can only imagine what I looked like at the end of the day... And by that time the curl in my lashes would be gone as well.

Pros:
+ Good wand suited to its purpose
+ Relatively inexpensive
+ Does define and volumize your lashes

Cons:
- Transfers like crazy
- Flakes
- Difficult to layer
- Doesn't hold a curl for more than five hours
- Has a scent that can be distracting for some

Summary:
Although this mascara kind of does what it's supposed to, in that it does define and volumize, I think that's about all it does. Although I would be able to live with the fact that this mascara is impossible to layer, I find the transfer and the flaking totally unacceptable, even for a drug store mascara.

As you might know, the L’Oréal's slogan is "Because You're Worth It". And I assume that "it" is supposed to refer to money, as in the price of their products. But if that's the case, then I might be worth it, but this mascara certainly isn't! 

Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment