Wednesday 25 January 2012

HG Alert: The Best Mascara Ever!

After years and years of wasting my money on average mascaras, I’ve finally found my HG mascara, you guys! And here it is:  


It is the Lancôme Hypnose Mascara.

(Picture is from here.)

I had wanted to try out this mascara for quite some time, but I’d been putting it off, since I had some unfortunate experiences with high-end mascaras a few years back. It wasn’t that they were THAT horrible, really. It was just that I didn’t like the feeling of having paid twice as much for something that was basically no better than any ordinary drugstore mascara. But then I finally got myself to buy this one, and I’m so glad I did, because this mascara is absolutely worth every penny.

So let me tell you this, guys: It is everything I’ve ever wanted in a mascara. It lengthens and defines my lashes and holds a curl all day (I happened to forget my lash curler at home last weekend, but this mascara did the job so well that I honestly couldn’t tell the difference). This mascara is also so buildable that you can take it all the way from a natural look with the first coat, to an everyday sexy eye with the next, and a dramatic look with the third. Although I would say that this mascara gives a medium amount of volume to your lashes, I’ve never done more than three layers with this mascara, so I honestly wouldn’t know if it is possible to achieve more dramatic volume. But I find that the amount of volume that it gives is just perfect for me, since the lengthening effect is much more important for me than the volumizing effect. I also find the brush very easy to work with.

And what’s more: I’ve never had any fallout or flaking or anything like that. As for removal, it removes just as easily as most other mascaras I’ve owned. This mascara is, however, quite pricey, and I haven’t gotten around to finding out how long it might actually last you.

And for those who would like to know: This mascara does not have any noticeable scent

Pros:
+ Lengthens and defines lashes with a good volumizing effect
+ Holds a curl all day
+ Very buildable
+ Wand is easy to work with
+ No fallout or flaking
+ Doesn’t have a noticeable scent

Cons:
- Expensive
- The volumzing effect is decent, but not amazing

Conclusion: 
Since this mascara is so buildable and easy to work with, you can easily create everything from natural to dramatic looks with this mascara. Be aware that this mascara won’t give your lashes an insane amount of volume, but it will, however, give them everything else: it will lengthen and define your lashes, and give them a good amount of volume.

(Note that I have sparse, medium length lashes with a slight natural curl to them.)


Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment